Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Cuttlebug and Sponge Bob!

I did it... I broke down when that 50% off coupon landed in my email. I even tried to avoid it for a couple of days but thinking about it got the better of me and I went to Michael's and bought a Cuttlebug... and to be honest... I LOVE IT!

I have no desire to cut things with it. I bought it only for embossing and so far I'm having a blast with it! I already had a couple of embossing folders that I'd used with a rolling pin - but I'd seen a video that shows how to made your own embossing cards and I can hardly wait to have time enough to try that. The possibilities are endless!

And just when I was having fun rolling everything I could find through the Cuttlebug - my Spongebob cartridge arrived. I had to make something with it right away. Opened up the Design Studio and made this little guy into a card...


I think I chose this one because I was so frustrated at the first official day of summer vacation home with the boys. Sigh... Water fights, wrestling fights, name calling fights and LOST glasses!! We're in for a long vacation...

Through all that I did manage to get another card done too. This one is one of Jennie Bean's inspirations. It doesn't look like hers - but it was only my first attempt!


You can see where I ran it through my Cuttlebug too. I know it looks amateurish - I'm not fooling myself - but it was fun to make and I did learn some stuff along the way.

We're painting the basement rooms this week so I hope to be able to post some pics of that later.

No comments: