Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Craft Room Update!

I'm in my craft room!!! The floor is in, the baseboards are up! The door has a lock on it! And I'm thrilled!! My own space to work on my projects and not have to put them away for dinner time. :) Sigh... does life get much better than this?

My new space is awesome and bright - and here are some of the projects I was able to work on in my new room yesterday...

For my DH's birthday! A football fan... I couldn't find any footballs, so gave him a trophy instead. He deserves it after all the work he's done on these rooms the last couple of months! I used my SCAL to cut the welded letters from a font called "All Star". I cut the trophy from Locker Talk and wrapped some embossed tin foil around it. I used the Cuttlebug and a Fiskars plate to get this look.

A Hello Kitty card for my niece. I had promised her a day to get together to do some crafting, and then it never happened. I tried to make it up to her with an "official" invitation to Aunty's house to play with the paper. My mother took it to her last night - along with some other cards for her brothers. Mom said they loved them - and that's all that matters to me! I used the card feature on the Hello Kitty Cartridge and pieced it together with the outline feature as well. I also added some glitter glue to the bow and shirt after I'd snapped this photo. Gave it a little extra "pop".

More good news this week too. (Just keeps getting better and better for me!) My newest cartridge, Graphically Speaking got here. I haven't had an extra moment to sit down and print some of these things off yet - but I'm looking forward to some time later tonight or tomorrow. The boys are at camp and the house is almost up to standard, so I'm going to take advantage of that.
This one looks like a super cartridge and I'm hoping that our trip to Atlanta next weekend will get us some great photos that need layouts!

No comments: