Thursday, July 30, 2009

Honoring Grandpa

I was given a picture of my grandfather, taken in around 1925. Kind of neat to see him like this... he was a pretty "old guy" by the time my mother was born, so I never knew him "young" at all!

Here is what i came up with for my scrapbook page...

I think the paper is from CTMH. The clock was cut from Graphically Speaking. Ribbon is from Stampin Up and Walmart. :) The words were cut with SCAL. I also tried to accent the clock and the word "Grandfather" with white and gold gel pens.
I wanted this one to be special, because Grandpa was really a great guy! He passed away in 2002 at the age of "ninety eight and a half". I remember that he had always said he wanted to live to be 100, but a few days before he died, he told me that he was really tired and he missed his parents. I know how he felt... we all miss him and his great sense of humor.

Might be a little while before I'm able to post again. DH and I are headed to Atlanta GA for a Foster Parent Conference on Saturday. I've never been to the deep south US before and I'm super stoked to go!! Hope to have some great pics of Georgia to post and scrap by the time I get back.

No comments: