Monday, July 27, 2009

Scrapbook Page

This is one of my first attempts at scrapbooking using a "sketch". I picked up a book from the library and chose one of the designs in there. This one was for a picture that I really wanted to preserve in a special way, because it was a rarity. My mother gave me a photo of my great-great grandmother, (my grandfather's grandmother)! Too cool! Here's what I came up with -

It took me hours to figure out what to cut and where to place it. I'm sure that this comes easy to some, but not to me. In the end, I was happy with the way it turned out.

They are not fancy, but I made my own borders with Sure Cuts A Lot and they are available here if you'd like. I also created her name with SCAL, but don't remember the font. The dates and frames were done with Design Studio and Storybook. Papers were from Stampin Up and my personal stash.

My next project will be to make one of my grandfather using this picture. It is my goal to take pictures as I go along for this next one... mostly so I can remember what I did in case I have to do it again!


Since I'm so new at this, if you have any ideas (or sketches) that could help me - would you please send them my way?

No comments: