Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Lots of Projects!

Whew! I've been busy this last week!! Here's what I mean...

I needed to make another "reminder sign" for our kids bathroom. This one seems like it should be an easy one to remember - right? Sigh...

I used SCAL and my oracle vinyl to complete this one. If you want the scut file - please leave me a message and I'll send it to you.

My dear friend asked for my help to get the invitations out and ready for our ward Relief Society "Provident Living Party". We used files from "A Child's Year" cartridge to put these together. They turned out really cute - the pictures don't do them justice. We cut out and tied almost 50 of these last Saturday night and managed to pass them all out on Sunday morning! Whew!

Tuesday morning, I got the sad news that my friend's brother passed away this last weekend. I can't remember a time when I didn't know him - I mean we were all very small kids together. So I needed three cards for this one and I used these great card files that I found on the very talented Penny Duncan's blog. I embossed, glued and glittered each of them, and added the phrase "with sympathy" from the Wild Card Cartridge.

One for his wife...






These ones from Wanda's Cards and Crafts.
One for my friend...





and one for his parents...

This is such a tragedy and their family is hurting so much! I hope that they can feel how much I care for them with these cards.
Lastly, my mother called this morning to tell me that her coworker/friend lost her grand baby to SIDS this morning. I wasn't sure if the baby was a boy or a girl - so I decided to make two cards to cover all the bases.

This is the pink one...













... and this is the blue one.

I got both these designs from another talented and generous person... who's name eludes me at the moment! Sorry! If any of you know who created these beautiful gate cards - could you please help me identify them here?

Update! Found her! You can find these cards on Monica's site here.
While I love making these cards - I'm hoping that it is for the sympathy cards for awhile.

1 comment:

Carole N. said...

Your cards are so lovely. How sad that we have to make sympathy cards.

I have one I need to make now, too.

Thanks for sharing.

Hugs!